Technical Systems Analyst
The role of the technical systems analyst at QuantRes is to work directly with the CEO and other core developers to perform pair programming and quality assurance duties. The analyst should be familiar with C++ and Microsoft Visual Studio IDE. In addition to coding, the analyst is required to document new feature requests, write bug reports, and liaison with remote developers assigned to work on these bugs. The analyst should be a skilled troubleshooter and, ideally, will have a background in both finance and technology. The technical system analyst reports to the CEO and other senior executives.
- Identify and translate business requirements into conceptual designs and technical specifications for development and configuration as required.
- Document bugs and coordinate with remote developers assigned to resolve them.
- Troubleshoot in-house software and document resolution procedures.
- Test new software features as well as bug fixes.
- As a single point of contact, liaise with the stakeholders regarding clarification/effort estimation of changes, reporting/escalating/tracking issues, and communicating recommendations.
- Progressively expand knowledge of the various systems and their interaction through documentation, especially specifications for new solutions.
- Bachelor's degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a Science, Mathematical, Financial, or Engineering discipline.
- Development and debugging experience in C++ using the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE. Experience with C# and/or scripting languages such as Python is also helpful.
- Good listener with excellent written and verbal English skills.
- High Emotional Intelligence and demonstrated ability to work with diverse personalities and cognitive styles.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated to learn and be resourceful.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Comfortable investigating data and code to help troubleshoot issues.
- A high degree of conscientiousness and agreeableness.
Location and Travel Requirements
- The employment location will be on Paradise Island in The Bahamas.
- Occasional international travel required may be required, and the successful candidate must maintain a valid passport.
- Standard Office Environment.
- Work is conducted in person and via telephone. Remote working is not available for this position.
- Some overtime may be required.