The Python developer will work closely with members of the Research team and is primarily tasked with bringing research prototypes to production-level standards. The developer will also be responsible for ongoing tasks, particularly related to reporting and monitoring our systems. They should be familiar with PEP 8 and closely follow developments related to the Python programming language. The developer should be comfortable serving as a subject matter expert on Python development and be ready and willing to field questions from their colleagues. The developer should be familiar with Jupyter notebooks as well as stand-alone Python applications.
- Ability to develop and maintain software in Python
- Take research prototype code to production-level quality
- Automate business processes using Python
- Collaborate with members of other teams
- Perform code reviews and pair programming with other team members
- Active contribution to Data team meetings
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of applications in the developer’s portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or similar) or equivalent work experience.
- Quantitative, statistical, or mathematical background.
- Minimum of five years of practical Python development experience in a similar position.
- Familiarity with Jupyter notebooks.
- Demonstrated creative and explorative analytic problem-solving capabilities in complex environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical business partners.
- Results-oriented and driven to deliver working solutions with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong attention to detail with solid organizational skills.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud computing solutions
- Experience with integrating Python and C++ is also “nice to have”
- Exposure to finance, investing, and/or trading environments
- Knowledge of agile software development methods
- Reliable computer equipment and internet connection for remote work.
- Ability to attend virtual meetings in a quiet, distraction-free environment.
- Availability for a minimum of five hours per day that overlap with standard (9-5) business hours in the Eastern Time Zone.
- Flexibility and responsiveness when dealing with issues outside of normal working hours.
- Occasional business travel to the Bahamas. The candidate should expect to spend four weeks per year in the Bahamas in a typical year.