Market Data Developer
The market data developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of our market data feeds. These include Bloomberg, Refinitiv, as well as DMA feeds from exchanges where we trade. This role is primarily focused on maintaining and improving existing code, though periodic new development is required. The developer should have some knowledge of Bloomberg and/or Refinitiv APIs, FIX messaging, and low-latency development in C++. This role reports directly to the executive level and will involve close collaboration with traders and other developers in the company. Success in this role will involve ongoing improvements to our execution infrastructure and serving as the subject matter expert.
- Ability to develop and maintain low-latency software written in C++
- Understanding of the Bloomberg and/or Refinitiv APIs
- Knowledge of the FIX messaging protocol
- Ownership of the market data applications’ CI pipeline and deployment of such applications
- Collaborate with researchers and traders to take new ideas to production
- Perform code reviews and pair programming with other members of the Execution team
- Active contribution to development meetings.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of the market data and execution infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or similar) or equivalent work experience.
- Quantitative, statistical, or mathematical background.
- Minimum of five years of practical C++ development experience in a similar position..
- Experience with low-latency systems programming.
- Demonstrated creative and explorative analytic problem-solving capabilities in complex environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical business partners.
- Results-oriented and driven to deliver working solutions with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong attention to detail with solid organizational skills.
- Experience with C++
- Experience with Bloomberg, Refinitiv, and/or exchange APIs
- Exposure to finance, investing, and/or trading environments
- Knowledge of agile software development methods
- Reliable computer equipment and internet connection for remote work.
- Ability to attend virtual meetings in a quiet, distraction-free environment.
- Availability for a minimum of five hours per day that overlap with standard (9-5) business hours in the Eastern Time Zone.
- Flexibility and responsiveness when dealing with issues outside of normal working hours.
- Occasional business travel to the Bahamas. The candidate should expect to spend four weeks per year in the Bahamas in a typical year.