The grid developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of our internal model-building grid and the associated AWS/cloud-based component of the grid. This role includes new development as well as maintenance of existing code and will include opportunities to contribute to software architecture decisions. This role reports directly to the executive level or their designates and will involve close collaboration with other Research software developers as well as Quantitative Researchers and will be an important member of our machine learning and model development team. Success in this role will involve ongoing improvements to the stability and performance of the grid, an understanding of data flow and optimization of grid services, the ability to quickly bring new models and machine learning techniques from prototype to production, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain software in C#/.Net and Python
- Maintain existing .NET and WCF programs
- Act as the organization’s subject matter expert on AWS.
- Ownership of the grid’s CI pipeline and deployment of grid applications.
- Perform code reviews and pair programming with other members of the Research team.
- Active contribution to Research development meetings.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of the grid and its components.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or similar) or equivalent work experience.
- Quantitative, statistical, or mathematical background.
- Minimum of five years of practical C# and/or Python development experience in a similar position.
- Experience with AWS performance tuning.
- Demonstrated creative and explorative analytic problem-solving capabilities in complex environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical business partners.
- Results-oriented and driven to deliver working solutions with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong attention to detail with solid organizational skills.
- Experience with C#/Python
- Experience with C++ is also “nice to have”
- Exposure to finance, investing, and/or trading environments
- Knowledge of agile software development methods
- Reliable computer equipment and internet connection for remote work.
- Ability to attend virtual meetings in a quiet, distraction-free environment.
- Availability for a minimum of five hours per day that overlap with standard (9-5) business hours in the Eastern Time Zone.
- Flexibility and responsiveness when dealing with issues outside of normal working hours.
- Occasional business travel to the Bahamas. The candidate should expect to spend four weeks per year in the Bahamas in a typical year.